Pinole Valley Trucking, Inc.
PVT is looking for an experienced Broker/Dispatcher responsible for developing and managing relationships with carriers and customers to ensure customers goals and requirements are met. Will be responsible for growing revenue, approving spot requests and obtaining rate agreements. Additional responsibilities include soliciting truck load and volume shipments, tracking shipments and will Negotiates rates for Shippers and carriers. Maintains customer relations and communicates with customers to solicit business and provide solutions to problems.
Responsible for developing new and/or servicing business for the brokerage division including truckload, less-than truckload, special projects, and other forms of supply chain logistics • Identify and develop leads for brokered shipments • Present and sell PVT services to current and potential customers primarily through the use of electronic and telephonic communication • Perform freight services according to company and government regulations • Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities • Negotiate pricing for transportation services from carriers • Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services • Develop new sales strategies to improve business • Track and report shipment status to customers
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but at minimum a HS Diploma
• 2-4 years of experience in a third party logistics environment is required
• Brokerage or Transportation related certification preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products required (ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets)
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task while maintaining continuity between related tasks
This a full time salaried position. The position provides a competitive base salary with benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays. 401k, and profit sharing are available.
Did you apply for the job?