|Title: Project Manager Engineering|
Location: Kennewick, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Position Summary: This position is responsible for managing and directing projects of varying size and scope. Projects may include investigating or developing processes, developing project concepts and budgets, troubleshooting or investigating technical issues or implementing capital projects. Project Manager's also assist in the development of engineering resources, procedures and best practices. Project Manager's may at times direct or be part of a project team(s). Project work including design, CIR write-ups, preparing and presenting project reviews and presentations, developing contractor bid packages, overseeing project installation, cost tracking, training and startup assistance as well as post project support are normal work activities. The position will participate in various project teams and work independently as required by the various assignments. This position requires the ability to travel and participate in projects at various locations Internationally and in N
orth America as required to meet the project requirements. Working closely with the various levels of Procurement, Operations Management, EHSS, Food Protection, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Plant Staff, and Production Personnel is critical. This position coordinates activities with LW operations and is based out of our Kennewick, Washington, engineering office.
* Manage and drive engineering efforts in the plants and for corporate initiatives
* Accountable for timely, accurate and effective implementation of engineering and project related work.
* Provide leadership for the development and implementation of projects
* Meet or exceed project quality, cost and schedule metrics.
* Apply and Lead project teams in the VSU process.
* Capability to effectively lead any size project, including projects greater than $400MM USD.
* Updating Specifications as needed to assure accuracy Drive corporate engineering Project Management initiatives.
* Drive and Support Contractor and Team Safety every day /every project
* Drive for a TIR of '0' ZERO.
* Meet or exceed project quality, cost, forecasting, schedule and performance metrics.
* Lead project collaboration and integration.
* Lead direct reports (if applicable) and work with other department managers.
* Operates with an empowerment and support management style.
* Facilitates the implementation of specifications and engineering best practices.
* Develops engineering staff to build a positive team culture that leverages resources across the business and supports our operations teams.
* Reflects our LW values, supports our LW vision and helps complete our LW mission.
* Help insures LW projects reliably achieve performance, quality, schedule and cost expectations.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
* BS in Engineering.
* Previous experience as a Sr. Engineer, Project Engr. and/or Plant Engineering Manager with Cap/Ex experience.
* Demonstrated ability to excel in leading diverse teams, particularly in a matrix environment.
* Excellent communication, technical, analytical, organizational skills.
* Excellent creative and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of IQF potato manufacturing is highly desirable.
* PQ and APT training preferred
To view the full job description, click here