Hi, we’re glad you’re thinking about joining us.
Are you looking for purpose-driven work where our sales team (Education Partnerships) makes a positive impact on communities around the world? If so, then Committee for Children is an amazing place to grow your career as a Regional Sales Manager. We’re a social enterprise dedicated to advancing the well-being of children through social-emotional learning (SEL). As a Regional Sales Manager at CFC, you’ll provide strategic leadership for the sale and support of CFC programs to an assigned region of the market. You’ll lead a regional sales team and be responsible for achieving overall regional sales goals and activities. This role supports the sales managers with the implementation of strategic plans and the development of effective strategies for key accounts. You’ll provide ongoing training, mentorship, and supervision to sales managers and client development representatives in support of their efforts to develop, support, and retain new and existing clients. You’ll act as a team player and coach and have direct involvement with larger district prospects, customers, and state and territory initiatives.
Our team is collaborative, creative, and passionate about our work. Every day brings new challenges, and we jump at the opportunity to solve them. So, if you’re looking for a place that values your unique perspective and empowers you to do great work, then CFC is the place for you.
You’ll have an opportunity to make an impact every day. Growth at CFC isn’t just up. It’s up, left, right, around, and through. You’ll have a say in the direction your career takes, the skills you learn, and the way we use Education Partnerships to transform the lives of children.
Let’s talk about benefits.
What we do matters. But we can’t achieve our goals unless we empower every team member to pursue their own goals and live a fulfilling personal life. Our benefits, perks, and rewards are aimed at doing just that: helping you live your best life at CFC.
- We cover 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage and 60% of your dependents’ medical and dental premiums
- Retirement plan + company match up to 3%; CFC also may make an annual discretionary non-elective contribution on your behalf at the end of the year!
- A flexible work subsidy: $100 per month that you can use on things like phone and internet costs, office supplies, or even commuting costs
- 16 paid holidays (including winter break and 1 floating holiday), 3 weeks’ vacation in your first year, and separate sick leave accrual
- Other great benefits include: monthly contribution to childcare and/or dependent expenses, FSA account, parental leave, sabbatical leave, employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, growth and development opportunities, and disability and life insurance
What you’ll do when you join us:
- Motivate the sales team to achieve sales growth in assigned territory, including market penetration and opportunity development, to meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- Provide expertise and leadership in the development of strategic territory plans that focus efforts to maximize opportunity, factoring in state laws, district leadership, state and federal funding, and market penetration to accelerate customer adoption and reach
- Use extensive district and market knowledge to work with sales managers to jointly consult and support large district prospects, clients, and state initiatives, creating multiple touch points with CFC, particularly with a “key accounts” focus and in key phases of a partnership
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to drive awareness of programs, legislation, and funding opportunities to effectively reach prospects through strategic events, email campaigns, webinars, conferences, and other lead-generation activities
- Participate in key conferences and events to build strategic alliances and promote and enhance awareness of CFC’s programs and services
- Develop new district acquisition strategies, district proposals, RFP materials, and implementation supports to create and strengthen relationships with districts and school leaders implementing our programs
- Identify areas for sales growth using data and reports on product adoption, implementation, subscription renewals, and overall account opportunity
- Coach and support team in new sales techniques, internal policies, and implementation techniques related to changing product, market, funding, purchasing, pricing, and subscription models
- Train and establish best practices in effective CRM and pipeline management, lead development, prospecting activity, opportunity management, and forecasting accuracy
- Create and analyze sales reports to measure effectiveness of sales efforts and progress towards monthly and quarterly KPIs; coach team members in making strategic adjustments in response to data analysis to achieve sales goals
- Promote ongoing development and collaboration with CSMs to effectively support district and building-level needs through consistent client introductions, meetings, and documented implementation plans
- Demonstrate leadership to inspire and motivate others by modeling CFC core values, especially during times of transition and change, while focusing efforts to promote and maintain strong team health
- Manage the onboarding, mentoring, and ongoing development of regional team, utilizing a player/coach model to mentor, support, and guide team members by jointly supporting key accounts at critical phases of the relationship
- Provide ongoing guidance, feedback, and development opportunities through regular one-on-one, territory, and regional meetings as well as quarterly and annual performance evaluations
- Ensure cross-departmental collaboration with client success, implementation, client support, marketing, and product teams in planning, developing, and supporting new programs, resources, and supports for our clients
- Maintain and promote knowledge of CFC programs, the education industry, SEL trends, funding, legislation, and other factors influencing the market
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5–7 years of relevant sales and management experience
- Business Orientation: Advanced ability to craft, implement, and oversee strategies and calculated risks to exploit new business opportunities and business goals
- Customer Relationship Management: Advanced ability to apply principles, practices, and guidelines to interact and build a good business relationship with customers
- Product and Services: Advanced knowledge of the full array of our organization’s products and services, including those that are created for internal customers; insight into the differentiating factors that distinguish them from those of competitors
- Pipeline Management and Prospect Research: Advanced ability to collect and analyze data on sales and pipeline management and ability to identify prospective corporate, foundation, and government donors through a variety of research tools, including networking
Note: This position is located in Seattle, Washington, and employees are eligible to work remotely in any of the following states: CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA
The annual base pay hiring range for this position is $119,000-157,000, with an incentive ranging from 20-100% based on achieving territory and regional sales goals. The pay offered will take into account internal equity and may vary depending on geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.
Transform the lives of millions.
Grow your career while you do it.
At Committee for Children, we’re dedicated to advocating for policies to enhance, gathering research to support, and developing educational programs to advance the safety and well-being of children through social-emotional learning (SEL). Our goal is to impact the lives of 100 million children around the world by 2030.
We’re best known for our innovative Second Step® family of SEL programs, which blend research and rigor with intuitive design to help young people build strengths that will help them realize their goals throughout life. And we feel like we’re still just getting started. We believe that if you make a positive impact on enough children, the ripple effect will help a family, school, community, and ultimately, the world.
We’re proudly building a more equitable workplace.
We’re committed to providing a place that empowers you to bring every bit of who you are to work. When you’re able to be yourself, you do your best work. It’s as simple as that. And to that end, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, without regard to race, color, age, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, genetics, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply now and help us achieve our vision of safe children thriving in a just and peaceful world.