Job ID: 241285072
Safety Investigator/Content ModeratorWe are hiring Content Moderators/Safety Investigators who will be responsible for investigating graphic and highly inappropriate content, reporting and reconciliation of disputes as well as minimizing risk and user exposure is essential in this position. Moderators are expected to complete inquiries in a timely and precise manner.
Our team members are proactive, motivated, organized, and possess a global perspective - and able to work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment. We are directly responsible for making the internet safer, protecting free speech and defending our users. In this role, you will have direct exposure to highly graphic content and will need to help define and implement operational solutions to emerging threats.
Responsibilities:• Research and resolve all issues related to graphic material. • Effectively identify problems and issues by performing relevant research using the appropriate tools. • Able to manage internal escalations received disputes and escalate to law enforcement as necessary. • Address site violations in a timely manner written correspondence. • Maintain and promote a positive attitude while meeting productivity goals.
· Ability to handle large amounts of user generated content
· Able to deal with sensitive situations and malicious content online (text, images, video)
· Ability to be objective instead of subjective
· Capable of being emotionally resilient
· Critical thinking and investigative skills
· Ability to adapt to on-the-fly situations and process changes
· Not afraid to ask for a 2nd opinion or help a teammate with a decision; does not work in a silo
· Can recognize common internet slang and memes and able to keep up with what is popular
· Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis. Strong attention to detail
· Familiarity with Internet policy and regulatory environments.
· Passion for keeping our users safe while protecting free speech
· Strong written and spoken communications skills. Ability to work flexibly and to exercise good judgement in a high-pressure environment
· Content moderation experience
· Has a successful wellness routine
· Previous experience with: self-harm red flags, law enforcement escalations, Terrorist and Violent Extremist content (TVEC), Abhorrent Violent Material (AVM), NCMEC reporting
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.