- Immediate Need!!!
- 8-hour shifts!
- Night and Weekend Differentials!
- Great working environment!
- Great compensation with a comprehensive benefits package!
- Military Spouses and Veterans please apply.
In this crucial role, you’ll perform various procedures and tasks that are essential to the delivery of top-notch nursing care at Eastern State Hospital. This individual must be compassionate, reliable, and upbeat to provide exceptional care while working in exciting environment with amazing colleagues. This is a full-time position with all benefits.
- Maintains order and discipline in housing and treatment area; protects employees and patients from acts of violence from psychiatrically acute patients;
- Inspects patient quarters for cleanliness and order; searches quarters and persons for contraband; escorts patients on outside trips;
- Observes patients for unusual or significant behavior; prepares reports to supervisor;
- Participates in directed treatment plan for patients;
- Participates in providing therapeutic environment through acceptance of patient behavior and guidance toward more rational behavior;
- Provides for patient safety and comfort through attention to general health and assistance and guidance in cleanliness, grooming, rest, activity, and nourishment; maintains an attractive and comfortable ward environment;
- Assists the nurses in the administration of medications and treatments prescribed by a physician;
- Prepares and cares for patients receiving treatments administered by the physician and orders, prepares, and cares for supplies and equipment used in treatment;
- Encourages and supervises patients in group or individual recreational, social, and related activities, and acts as patient escort;
- Participates in in service education program;
- Performs other work as required.
- Washington State license to practice as a "Nursing Assistant - Certified" or "Nursing Assistant - Registered"
- Two Years of Mental Health Experience (any form of psychiatry accepted)
- High School Diploma or GED Experience