The Terminal Operator will be responsible for operating equipment to load and unload cement; order taking and tracking; inventory tracking and reporting, and performance of maintenance activities on equipment.
At CalPortland, were proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. Thats why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, and retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
$25.00 - $31.00 hourly DOE
* Loading and unloading cement utilizing a rail car mover, front end loader, and computer equipment in a safe and efficient manner
* Accurately and courteously take orders from customers over the phone
* Manually track inventory and provide reports as required
* Perform preventative and regular maintenance on all equipment, including troubleshooting and maintaining accurate records
* Assist in keeping terminal and associated buildings clean
* Follow all CalPortland and WorkSafe safety rules and procedures
* Complete daily checks on all tickets received and shipped
* Communicate in a professional and effective manner with co-workers, customers, and anyone else while performing the job
* Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
High school diploma/GED; Bachelors degree preferred
* Computer skills including Excel, Word, SAP, and HMI systems
* Mechanical knowledge: experience with oil changes, equipment inspections, belt alignments, and preventive maintenance inspections
* Clearly and accurately communicate both verbally and in writing
* Able to meet physical requirements of the job which includes climbing, stooping, bending and lifting to 50 pounds
* Able to read, write, and speak in English
* Must be self-directed and able to work with little or no supervision, as well as part of a team
*Conditions of Employment*
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
Salary Range $25 to $31 per hour DOE
CalPortland does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.