Yakima Specialties in a non-profit organization employing those with disabilities. Currently Yakima Specialties is looking for production workers wanting, willing, and able to work in their woodshop. Yakima Specialties produce high quality standard as well as custom pallets and other wood products to the state of Washington and beyond. Yakima Specialties gives preference to those with disabilities and Armed Forces Veteran status. Those who would like to apply for open positions using disability or veteran status preference must provide documents verifying that status.
Due to the nature of this position all candidates must be able to pass UA to be considered.
POSITION TITLE: Production Worker - Woodshop
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
STARTING PAY: $16.00 PER HR- raises based on skill level after probationary period
SUMMARY: The position of a Production Worker is to ensure production is completed to the satisfaction of the customer including timeliness and quality standards being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet production outcomes levels as defined by department
- Meet quality standards for all outgoing wood products
- Communication with co-workers and supervisors to address any contract concerns
- Ensuring all safety devices are in place prior to any equipment operation
- Ensuring prior to any repairs that safety lockout tags are placed onto equipment
- Attendance must meet agency standards.
- Role model to other employees to show high degree of work ethic
- Other Duties may be assigned
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Ability to meet required deadlines as given
- Ability to read a write English
- Ability to count and read measurements
- Ability to complete basic math
- Ability to follow through with given assignments
- Ability to have awareness of surrounding and act on indications of concerns
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Forklift Certification
- Sawyer Experience
- CRP-First Aide Certified